Old Man Winter is On The Way!

We all know by the chilly air and those short days that Old Man Winter is on the way! Here are some helpful tips to make the upcoming season a bit easier

BE CAREFUL WITH ANTI-FREEZE

Anti-freeze is extremely toxic to dogs and cats. Unfortunately, anti-freeze is also sweet tasting and pets will lap it up if they find even a few drops in the driveway or on the garage floor.

One half teaspoon of anti-freeze per pound of dog body weight is enough to cause the clinical signs of poisoning. The poison attacks the nervous system and the kidneys. The symptoms are depression, lack of coordination, vomiting and diarrhea, increased thirst, and seizures. The toxin is rapidly absorbed & symptoms can begin within an hour of exposure.

If you suspect your dog has ingested anti-freeze
CALL US IMMEDIATELY

The best bet is to carefully cap all containers of anti-freeze and keep them out of the reach of pets. If small amounts do drip when the anti-freeze is being added to the car radiator, clean them up and flush the area with water.